Summer is almost over...

Phew! Summer in the midwest is hot and HUMID! I think I prefer the hot and DRY heat of Arizona, but everything else here is good. I always think of stuff to blog about but never seem to have the time to sit in front of the computer long enough when I have the energy to compose a few paragraphs.

Let's see... our last blog was at the end of June... we spent the fourth of July at Christy's, her neighbor spent lots of money on fireworks so we had our own little private show with her neighbors and friends. Jake was a little scared, but he eventually relaxed and enjoyed it.

We've been down to Lake of the Ozarks to visit my dad a couple of times and I have pictures of us swimming off the dock to upload.

In early July Joe and Marcy became proud parents of an adorable baby girl, they named her Cassandra Leanne. I've spent the last three and a half months knitting a baby blanket for her which I just finished yesterday, now I need to add a backing and it's done. Soon I'll knit a matching hat for winter.

Jen from Prescott, AZ and her family came to visit at the end of July with her family to visit her parents and we were able to participate in a surprise birthday party planned by her mother. While she was here the Buick broke down as we were leaving the Zoo and the garage down there wanted to charge $1500 for the repairs, yikes! Needless to say, Mike and I decided to get a newer (but gently used) vehicle so I now drive a minivan, lol!

Mike's mom (my mother-in-law) visited at the end of August, she saw Jake for the first time and she didn't want to leave :) While she was here she helped me learn to use my sewing machine, I have several projects started now which include a new crib skirt, matching curtains, and coordinating crib sheets. We also started to paint Jake's room, once I'm all done it will look and feel a bit more comfortable and welcoming, right now it's just white walls.

Hmmm, there isn't much else to say... I helped my dad clean up his house in South County today so I'm a bit tired. I'll try to blog more often.

No comments: