I'm a slacker

I always think about things to blog about, but when i sit in front of the computer blogging is the last thing I think of doing...

Anywho, Jake is getting so big, he can point to his nose, eyes, ears, mouth, hair, feet, hnds, and his tummy. Half the time he starts picking his nose when you ask him where it is, haha! He is good with puzzles, running, and coloring on walls, too! He understands a lot of what we say to him but his own vocabulary is still developing. He loves to hug and receive kisses, although he doesn't know how to give a kiss yet. It only takes 5-10 minutes to put him to bed for the night, but he wakes up at 6:30am which is still a little early for me, but he's worth it.

Last week we set up patio furniture that my dad gave us and it's so nice to lounge on our screened in porch. I went to the dollar store and bought several types of wind ornaments and hung them in the patio windows. We still need to mount hooks outside the patio to hang the two glass blown hummingbired feeders I bought at Eckert Farms on Easter. I'm thinking of getting a butterfly house, too, and planting a few flowers underneath to attract the hummingbirds and butterflies.

I'm also trying to figure out a theme for Jake's room... the nursery is going to be in the spare upstairs bedroom and I already know what the basic color scheme is going to be for that. I need to refinish the tall dresser I inhereted from my Nana for Jake's room so I can move the chest of drawers to the nursery. I started stripping the paint from the tall dresser this past weekend and I'm about 25% done with it. Then I need to sand it and stain it... which will probably take another month. Oh! And I am converting the bottom of it to a book shelf so I need to figure out how to do that, too.

My 20 week ultrasound is scheduled for next week, Mike and I will find out if Jake is going to have a little sister or brother, I'm really excited!

I'm going to post the next couple of blogs for the crafts, etc, that I had promised to post months ago... ttyl, Adria

No comments: