Quick update

w00t! Gas prices went down to $2.17 yesterday! That's probably due to the fact that the temp here is in the 60's, nice Christmas weather huh? But I'd rather have that then be afraid of losing control of my car on black ice :)

I am cleaning up the kitchen today while Jake takes his long afternoon nap. Although I am not sure how long that will last, apartment maintenance is using a jackhammer to remove a patio a few hundred yards outside his window... he is a champ though, he woke up momentarily when they started and put himself right back to sleep. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby...

Oh! And the apartment upstairs was rented by a nice couple and their ACTIVE 4 year old girl. I am learning quickly that young children RUN and JUMP to their destination, starting at about age 1 and a half to about 6 or 7 years old? Anyway, when Mike and I were first married we rented a downstairs apartment and at that time I was getting migraine headaches. There was a young child living above, she used to repeatedly jump off furniture and I could hear the bed springs and then THUMP! And when I mentioned it to the apartment manager, she gave me a wicked smile and said that the child was learning impaired and I would have to live with it. I was so furious that she would not even let the family know that their neighbors complained! Grrr! Anyway, I am sure the child above is not learning impaired and hopefully will settle down after the excitement of a new home... I've got my fingers crossed!

Ok, Jake just cried in his sleep, he sounded startled. I hope maintenance finishes what they are doing outside soon.

~Adria

No comments: